Hi my name is Brian Jensen and I’m here to talk about how to set up Google Alerts in your gmail account.
Google alerts are updates sent to your gmail account when Google finds matches on the web for the terms you want to stay informed on.
Setting up these alerts is easy and can be done by following these steps.
- Step 1: Sign in to your gmail account
- Step 2: In the top navigation click on “More”, then scroll down and click on “Even More”.
- Step 3: Once you’ve reached the products page, scroll down to specialized search, and click on alerts.
- Step 4: Let Google know the search term you want to be updated on. For most SEO campaigns this will be targeted keywords and client and competitor branded terms.
- Step 5: Set how often you want to receive these alerts in your inbox.
- Step 6: Choose “How Many”, which acts as a quality filter preference.
- Step 7: Tell Google where to send them in the “Deliver To” menu. This feature can be useful if you have a gmail account that you use exclusively for clients, or if there is an alternate address you would like your alerts sent to.
- Step 8: Click on create alert and you’re done!
- Step 9: Repeat the process for all the queries you want to keep current on.
Stay tuned for my next video in which I will be discussing “identifying link opportunities” using Google alerts.