Fun fact: Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising traffic converts 50% better than organic site visitors.
Businesses will benefit from investing in PPC to reach prospects who are ready to purchase. With the help of the top PPC tools (and the right strategies, of course), you can implement effective PPC campaigns that will drive revenue and growth.
If you’re looking for the best PPC software that you can use today, keep reading to learn about these topics:
- What is a PPC tool?
- What can PPC tools do?
- Why are PPC tools important?
- 10 top PPC tools
What is a PPC tool?
A PPC tool is a software application that enables marketers to create, manage, analyze, and optimize their PPC campaigns.
What do PPC tools do?
Different PPC tools have different functionalities. Some apps help marketers analyze their campaigns, while other PPC platforms are meant for bid management.
There are also dedicated software apps for competitor research, keyword tracking, and ad creation and optimization.
While they serve different purposes, all PPC tools are meant to help marketers efficiently run their PPC campaigns and improve the return on investment (ROI) of their ads.
Why are PPC tools important?
PPC management tools streamline your process of running ads — whether they’re on Google, Bing, social media, or other platforms.
These handy tools can automate tasks, lifting off the workload of your team to make them more efficient. Automation minimizes human error, too.
PPC tools can provide valuable insights about your market and competitors, enabling you to create effective strategies. The best PPC analytics tools also offer real-time performance tracking, so you can tweak your ads and improve their performance.
Meanwhile, PPC bidding tools manage your budget effectively, helping you optimize your ROI.
10 best PPC tools
Now that you understand the benefits of using PPC apps, let’s go through the top PPC tools you can use today:
- Google Ads
- Google Analytics
Let’s dive into each one:
1. Google Ads
Google Ads is a free PPC tool with bidding, measurement, and management features. Using this PPC software, you can launch campaigns across the search engine giant’s ad network:
- Google search ads
- Display ads
- YouTube ads
- Gmail ads
- Google Maps ads
Key features of Google Ads
Here are some of the notable features of Google Ads:
- Keyword Planner: This tool helps you choose the keywords to bid on. It gives you insights into each keyword’s volume, bid range, and competition level. The Keyword Planner tool also forecasts your ads’ impressions, clicks, and conversions.
- Conversion measurement: Want to measure your campaigns’ conversion performance? Google Ads features an ad conversion measurement and bidding tool, which helps you understand how your campaigns are performing.
- Smart Bidding: This feature uses Google’s artificial intelligence (AI) algorithms to optimize your campaigns for better results.
2. Google Analytics
Price: Free (Paid version available)
Are your PPC campaigns driving clicks to your site and converting site visitors into customers? Google Analytics is another free PPC tool that you can use to measure the performance of your PPC campaigns.
Key features of Google Analytics
Google Analytics shows you the real-time performance of your site and ad campaigns. It shows you the number of clicks your ads have generated. In addition, this PPC platform also tells you about your ad campaigns’:
- Cost per click (CPC)
- Number of sessions
- Conversion rate
- Bounce rate
By understanding your ads’ performance, you can improve your PPC strategy and make data-based decisions.
Price: View pricing
MarketingCloudFX is WebFX’s proprietary growth platform that monitors your PPC campaign performance and other digital marketing campaigns. This tool uses IBM Watson AI to power your strategies and campaigns.
Key features of MarketingCloudFX
More than just a PPC services tool, MarketingCloudFX has the following features that can boost your PPC campaigns:
- AdTechFX: AdTechFX is a multi-device programmatic tool that uses customer relationship management software (CRM) data and customer data to improve ad targeting.
- AnalyticsFX: MarketingCloudFX also features AnalyticsFX, which keeps a historical record of your custom reports and takeaways from campaigns, so you can easily access your results.
- MROIDashboard: How are your PPC campaigns performing? This dashboard gives you a snapshot of the cost per lead of your campaigns, including your PPC ads.
- CompetitorSpyFX: Using various data sources and algorithms, MarketingCloudFX can monitor your competitors’ websites, social performance, and campaigns, so you know how you stack up against them!
Price: Starts at $129.95 per month
Semrush is one of the prominent names in the fields of search engine optimization (SEO) and PPC. It’s a marketing software with handy features for your PPC advertising campaigns.
Key features of Semrush
Semrush has the following features to optimize your PPC campaigns:
- Advertising research: What is your competitor’s paid advertising strategy? This tool lets you analyze your competitors’ Google ad strategies, providing insights into their investments, results, and ad copy.
- Ad assistant: Get real-time notifications about your ad accounts and campaigns’ performance with this feature. Doing so lets you optimize your campaigns and make immediate changes when necessary!
Price: Starts at $39 per month
Next on our list of the best PPC tools is SpyFu. This platform spies on your competition to identify the keywords they use and analyze their ads.
Key features of SpyFu
SpyFu has the following handy tools:
- Google Ads Competitor Spy tool: SpyFu lets you download your competitor’s PPC keywords to discover the clicks they get from these keywords.
- Google Ads Advisor: This handy feature analyzes your competitors’ Google Ads bid history and provides recommended keywords you can bid on.
Price: Starts at $49 per month (14-day free trial available)
One of the best PPC management tools you can use is AdEspresso. Using this PPC platform, you can create, analyze, and optimize your Google Ads campaigns.
Key features of AdEspresso
Here are the standout features of this PPC tool:
- Analytics and reporting: Want to know how your PPC campaigns are performing? AdEspresso has clear analytics and widgets that make analyzing your PPC campaign’s performance easy. It also has automated PDF reporting, so you get immediate intel about your ads, and you can make any necessary updates immediately.
- A/B testing: Want to know the most effective ad messaging for your campaigns? You can use AdEspresso to perform A/B testing and find out the best version of your ad that gets results.
Price: Starts at $99 per month (Free limited plan available)
Next on our list of the best PPC software is Adzooma. You can create, monitor, and manage your PPC ad campaigns using this tool. It also has automation features that can improve your ad campaign’s efficiency.
Key features of Adzooma
Here are the best features of Adzooma:
- Clever Campaigns feature: You can easily create Google ad campaigns using this feature, which doesn’t require you to perform keyword research or write ad copy . It’ll ask you quick questions, and it can automatically generate your ad campaigns.
- Reports: Adzooma lets you analyze your ads’ performance with this feature using pre-generated reports. You can also customize reports with the metrics and date range you want to track, enabling you to monitor your ads’ performance and draw out insights.
- Automation: Create automation rules like bid adjustments and pausing ads based on rules you set. You can also set up alerts, so you can make the necessary changes to your campaigns to improve their performance.
- Adzooma management: This feature lets you see your campaign’s important data on one screen so you can easily track changes and analyze their performance over time.
Price: Starts at $50 per month
As its name suggests, iSpionage is one of the PPC management tools you can use to spy on your competitors. It lets you analyze your competitors’ ad campaign performance and see how you compare to them.
Key features of iSpionage
Here are the best features of this PPC software:
- Competitor research: You can analyze seven years’ worth of your competitors’ PPC and SEO data on Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
- SEM performance tracking: How’s your SEM performance faring against your competitors? This feature shows your market share and keyword rankings to help you improve.
- Users’ journey report: Uncover the conversion path of your competitors—from their keywords to their landing pages.
Price: Starts at $299 per month
If you’re looking for a PPC management tool for Amazon, consider Trellis. It can help you manage your Ecommerce advertising campaigns.
Key features of Trellis
Here are the best features of this PPC software:
- Free competitor analysis tool: This feature helps you benchmark your sales, prices, and promos with real-time competitor data.
- Catalog management: Which products must you highlight and advertise? With the help of AI, you can identify and promote your new and best-selling products.
Price: Starts at $208 per month
Optymyzr is a PPC management software that can automate and optimize your paid campaigns. Its insight tools show you patterns and growth opportunities, helping you make the most of your ad budget.
Key features of Optymyzr
Here are the best features of this PPC management software:
- PPC insights: This feature enables you to perform audits on your PPC accounts. Optymyzr also gives you an audit score and shows your historical audit grades so you can track your campaigns’ performance.
- Reporting: You can create a report template on Optymyzr, which reports on the most important metrics for your business.
- Monitoring: Set up alerts for metrics, budgets, and targets so you can act on necessary campaign adjustments.
Team up with PPC experts at SEO.com
The best PPC tools boost your strategy and streamline your processes. If you want to implement effective PPC campaigns, you can team up with the PPC experts behind SEO.com and award-winning agency WebFX.
In addition, you get to use MarketingCloudFX, one of the top PPC tools on this list, to power your campaigns and digital marketing strategies. Contact SEO.com to get started!
- 10 Best Competitor Analysis Tools to Track Your Competition in 2024
- 11 Amazing Tools for Generating Blog Topic Ideas
- 11 Best Ahrefs Alternatives: What Redditors, Reviews, and Our Team Say
- 11 Semrush Alternatives According to Reddit, Reviews, and Our Team
- 12 Ubersuggest Alternatives to Consider for 2024
- 18 Best SEO Analytics Tools to Use in 2024
- 5 Best SEO Rank Tracking Tools to Outrank Your Competitors
- 5 Handy Chrome Extensions for Marketing in 2024
- 7 Best AI SEO Tools (And How to Use AI for SEO in 2024)
- Ahrefs vs. SpyFu: Which is Better for SEO?
Explore the top keyword research tools for SEO, including Semrush, Ahrefs, Google Trends, and more, complete with costs, pros, cons, FAQs, and expert tips from the SEO.com team.
Competitor analysis tools like SEO Checker, SimilarWeb, SEMrush, and MarketingCloudFX are essential for understanding competitors’ strategies, informing business plans, and more. Keep reading to learn more about these tools!
Google Analytics 4 (GA4) is a powerful upgrade from Universal Analytics, offering event-based tracking, unified web and app data, improved marketing attribution, and compliance with privacy laws.
Explore the top SEO tools for auditing, optimizing, and tracking SEO performance, including free options like Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster and paid platforms like Ahrefs and Semrush.