10 top competitor analysis tools [shortlist]
Every marketer wants to stay ahead of their competitors. To get a glimpse of your competition’s strategies, use the best competitor analysis tools to uncover new opportunities and improve your tactics for growth.
Keep reading to learn more about these topics:
- Importance of competitor analysis tools
- 10 top competitor analysis tools
- What to look for in competitor analysis tools
Why competitor analysis tools are important
Understanding your competitors’ strengths and weaknesses lets you identify your business’s opportunities and threats. The intel you gather from analyzing your competitors’ strategies and activities informs your own strategy so you can improve them.
Competitive analysis tools streamline the process of digging up your competitor’s strategies. Other competitor tracking tools even have easy-to-understand dashboards that make analysis a breeze.
Ultimately, the top competitor analysis tools are critical apps that efficiently gather and analyze competitive data, enabling you to focus on improving your strategies to get ahead.
The 10 top competitive analysis tools (free and paid)
There are several competitor analysis tools available. Below is a summary of the best competitive analysis tools, both free and paid:
|Top competitor analysis tools
|Starts at $125 per month (Free limited tool available)
|Starts at $129.95 per month (7-day free trial available)
|Starts at $199 per month (30-day free trial available)
|Starts at $675 per month
|Starts at $149 per month (free limited version available)
|Starts at $19 per month (14-day free trial available)
|Meta’s Facebook Ad Library
|Starts at $249 per month (30-day free trial available)
|$39 per month (30-day free trial available)
Let’s dive into each one:
Best competitor analysis tools for SEO
SEO is an important marketing strategy for businesses, with 49% of marketers citing organic search as providing the highest return on investment (ROI). To ensure you’re on top of your SEO game, here are the best competitor tracking tools:
1. SEO Checker
If you’re looking for free competitor analysis tools for SEO, this one’s an excellent choice. Our very own SEO Checker enables you to check your competitor’s website’s SEO score, see its overall SEO health, and compare it against yours.
You can also look at your competitor’s SEO best practices that you can emulate and spot growth opportunities for your own optimization efforts. The SEO reports are absolutely free!
Price: Starts at $125 per month (Free limited tool available)
Dig deep into your competitor site’s daily page visits and traffic sources with SimilarWeb. You can compare your site’s rank with your competitor’s and look at both websites’ data for up to three months.
It also analyzes up to 1000 keywords, enabling you to identify your site’s keyword opportunities. Want to learn more about the interests of your site visitors and competitors? You can compare the browsing habits and cross-browsing behaviors of your audiences.
Price: Starts at $129.95 per month (7-day free trial available)
SEMrush is one of the competitive analysis tools you can shortlist for SEO. Spy on your competitor’s backlinks and best keywords with this tool.
It also informs you which other websites compete for your traffic and the changes in your competitor’s rankings.
Top competitor analysis tools for content marketing
Content marketing can boost your SEO efforts and your brand’s credibility. Find out how you can outpace your competitors’ content efforts with these tracking tools:
Price: Starts at $199 per month (30-day free trial available)
BuzzSumo is one of the top competitor tracking tools for content. It shows you the best-performing content for topics relevant to your business.
You can also monitor mentions of your competitors, trends, and key events you must not miss. With BuzzSumo, you can immediately identify hot topics in your industry to explore and create relevant content.
Price: Starts at $675 per month
MarketingCloudFX is an IBM Watson artificial intelligence-powered (AI-powered) proprietary growth platform of our sister site WebFX. This feature-packed platform has the following competitive analysis tools that enable you to monitor and overtake your competitors:
- CompetitorSpyFX: This tool reports on your competitors’ traffic, keywords, and other metrics. It reveals how you stack up against your competitors and gives you insights on how you can maintain your lead in your content marketing and other digital marketing efforts.
- DeepLearningFX: This competitor monitoring tool uses AI to scrape organic results for keywords that are specific and relevant to your business. It then aggregates data, and recommends keywords and content ideas that can outrank your top competitors.
Best competitor analysis tools for email marketing
Email marketing is a key marketing strategy to nurture our relationships with your customers and prospects. Here are the best competitive analysis tools to inform your email marketing strategy:
Price: Starts at $149 per month (free limited version available)
MailCharts aggregates emails from your competitors’ email marketing campaigns. It compares your competitors’ subject lines and email send-out frequency with your campaigns, so you can see how you stack up against your competitors.
Price: Starts at $19 per month (14-day free trial available)
Do you stalk your competitor’s email activities by subscribing to their emails and checking them all? Owletter can do this task for you.
Owletter captures emails from a competitor’s mailing lists, takes screenshots, and analyzes them for you. It can tell you their email send-out schedule and whether your competitor’s emails have a spam reputation. As a result, this competitive monitoring tool uncovers email marketing opportunities for you!
Best competitor analysis tools for social media
About 91% of businesses use social media for marketing. To ensure you remain competitive, here are competitor analysis tools for social media:
8. Meta’s Facebook Ad Library
If you want to see your competitors’ ads currently running on Meta platforms, use Facebook Ad Library. Just search the advertiser’s name to see all the ads they currently run. You can also click on the ads to see more details.
9. Sprout Social
Price: Starts at $249 per month (30-day free trial available)
Sprout Social has reports that analyze your social media strategy and compare it with your competitor data. It is also equipped with a social listening tool, so you can gather and analyze sentiments on your brand and competitors.
Price: $39 per month (30-day free trial available)
You can also search for brand mentions of your brand and competitors across different social media platforms to analyze the sentiments of your audience.
What to look for in competitor analysis tools
Now that you know the top competitor analysis tools, let’s go through what you must look for when choosing one for your business:
- Ease of use: Shortlist user-friendly competitor analysis tools that your team can use and adapt. Ensure that its reports are easy to understand, and its dashboard is intuitive. Featured-packed tools with a steep learning curve may not get maximized by your team.
- Integrations: Will you need the tool to work with other existing apps or digital marketing services that your business is using? Ensure it seamlessly integrates with other software that you currently use and need.
- Excellent after-sales support and training: Choose a supplier that offers good customer service, after-sales support, and training so that you can maximize your tool. In addition, you get support when you need help or have questions.
- Price point: How much are you willing to spend on your competitor analysis tools? There are free competitor analysis tools and paid ones. Consider tools that offer value for your money.
Improve your marketing strategies with the best competitor analysis tools
Competitive analysis tools enable you to improve your marketing strategies to spot new trends, identify new growth opportunities, and stay ahead of your competitors.
To improve your SEO rankings and enhance your digital marketing efforts, contact our SEO.com team for expert tips!
- Why Competitor Analysis Tools Are Important
- The 10 Top Competitive Analysis Tools (free and Paid)
- 1. SEO Checker
- 2. SimilarWeb
- 3. SEMrush
- 4. BuzzSumo
- 5. MarketingCloudFX
- 6. MailCharts
- 7. Owletter
- 8. Meta’s Facebook Ad Library
- 9. Sprout Social
- 10. Phlanx
- What to Look for in Competitor Analysis Tools
- Improve Your Marketing Strategies with the Best Competitor Analysis Tools
- 10 Top PPC Tools for Management, Analysis, and More
- 11 Amazing Tools for Generating Blog Topic Ideas
- 11 Best Ahrefs Alternatives: What Redditors, Reviews, and Our Team Say
- 11 Semrush Alternatives According to Reddit, Reviews, and Our Team
- 12 Ubersuggest Alternatives to Consider for 2024
- 18 Best SEO Analytics Tools to Use in 2024
- 5 Best SEO Rank Tracking Tools to Outrank Your Competitors
- 5 Handy Chrome Extensions for Marketing in 2024
- 7 Best AI SEO Tools (And How to Use AI for SEO in 2024)
- Ahrefs vs. SpyFu: Which is Better for SEO?
Discover 11 powerful tools, including Google Trends, Ahrefs Content Explorer, and Ubersuggest, to generate compelling blog topic ideas tailored to your audience.
Google Trends is invaluable for SEO, offering insights into trending keywords, seasonal searches, local SEO, and competitors. Learn how to use it to enhance your SEO.
Top SEO rank tracking tools like SEMrush, Ahrefs, Mangools, SE Ranking, and SEO Powersuite are crucial for monitoring your pages’ position in SERPs, analyzing keyword performance, and more! Learn more about these tools below!
Explore the top keyword research tools for SEO, including Semrush, Ahrefs, Google Trends, and more, complete with costs, pros, cons, FAQs, and expert tips from the SEO.com team.