When it comes to Semrush vs. Similarweb, which one is better depends on you. If you’re looking for an SEO-based toolkit with digital marketing capabilities, consider Semrush. If you’re focused more on digital marketing and marketing in general, consider Similarweb.
Search engine optimization (SEO) is one of the most fundamental parts of driving revenue from the web — and SEO tools are critical to getting started. If you’re wondering whether to invest in Semrush or Similarweb, you’re in luck!
Keep reading to explore the Similarweb vs. Semrush discussion in-depth!
Is Semrush or Similarweb better?
The answer depends on your priorities. Semrush offers way more features and a free plan, but Similarweb has better customer service and is easier to use. You’ll want to make your choice based on your business’s unique needs and preferences.
Compare Semrush vs. Similarweb
Get insights into the similarities and differences between Semrush vs. Similarweb now:
|4.5 / 5
|4.5 / 5
|Starting at $129.95 / month
Starting at $125 / month
|Limited SEO tools
|Keyword rank tracking
|Ease of use
Google Search Console
Compare Similarweb vs. Semrush in-depth
Dive into some of the differences and similarities between Similarweb vs. Semrush below:
Ease of use
Ease of use is important for literally any platform out there, including both of the tools we’re looking at here. So, which is easier to use — Semrush or Similarweb?
The answer, as you might have already guessed from the lists of pros and cons earlier, is Similarweb. Semrush isn’t horrible by any means, but it does have some navigation issues. Similarweb, on the other hand, is very intuitive. So, Similarweb wins out in this category.
Not sold on Similarweb? Check out our comparison of Semrush vs. SpyFu.
Needless to say, pricing is another big factor when you’re choosing between two tools. So, what’s the pricing like for Similarweb and Semrush?
Similarweb’s pricing starts at $125 per user per month and goes up from there. Meanwhile, Semrush’s cheapest plan is free — but the free plan doesn’t offer many features. Its paid plans, on the other hand, start at $130 per month.
Both of these options are pretty expensive. And technically, Semrush is slightly more expensive, but it also offers a free plan. For that reason, we’ll call this one a tie.
Both Semrush and Similarweb conduct different kinds of SEO research, helping you find new SEO opportunities — mainly keyword research but also competitor research. So, how do these tools stack up in this category?
This is another category where both tools are pretty much equal. Semrush and Similarweb both offer the same basic keyword research features, including searching, sorting, and listing. For that reason, this category is another tie.
In addition to researching new opportunities, SEO tools should help you analyze your current data. That data might include customer information, campaign metrics, and website traffic.
Both tools feature a lot of analytics capabilities. However, Semrush comes out on top here because it simply has more. In particular, Semrush features a backlink analysis tool, which Similarweb doesn’t have. It also doesn’t provide anything in the way of local SEO.
Finally, let’s look at customer support. Which tool provides a better customer experience?
The answer is Similarweb, hands down. That’s because, as we mentioned earlier, Semrush is rather infamous for its slow and unhelpful customer service. If that’s important to you, you’ll want to go with Similarweb.
Learn more about Semrush below:
Let’s start by talking about some of the benefits of using Semrush. Three benefits in particular stand out:
- Lots of features: One of the biggest sources of Semrush’s appeal is the number of features it includes. Many of these features are locked behind a paid plan but include things like heat maps and lead finders.
- Free plan: Semrush offers a few different plans, the cheapest of which is a free plan. That’s a great option if you simply don’t have it in your budget to pay for the tool right now.
- Backlink analysis: One of the best features Semrush offers is its backlink analysis, which gives you an overview of all the other websites linking to yours.
As useful as Semrush is, it also has plenty of downsides. Those downsides include the following:
- Customer service: Unfortunately, Semrush is not known for its good customer service. In fact, users sometimes report that their customer support team is infuriatingly slow and unhelpful.
- Pricing: While Semrush does offer a free plan, it doesn’t contain many features. If you want access to more features, you’ll need a paid plan, and the paid options are very expensive.
- Not user-friendly: Although Semrush isn’t a nightmare to navigate, its interface could definitely stand to be a lot more intuitive and easier to navigate.
Learn more about Similarweb below:
Like Semrush, Similarweb has its own share of advantages. Those advantages include:
- Presentation exports: One handy feature of Similarweb is that it lets you easily export dashboard reports as PowerPoint presentations that you can show to your company executives.
- Audience analysis: Similarweb’s audience analysis feature is perfect for assessing which types of people engage with your business, allowing you to better hone your SEO targeting.
- Easy navigation: Similarweb has a very intuitive interface that’s easy to navigate and use, which is helpful for quickly learning how to use the tool.
Unfortunately, there are several downsides to using Similarweb as well. Three of those downsides are:
- Mobile traffic: For some reason, Similarweb only tracks traffic from desktop devices — not mobile ones. Since mobile traffic is very prevalent today, that’s obviously a big problem.
- Data quality: While Similarweb’s data isn’t terrible by any means, many users find it’s not quite as reliable as they would like it to be.
- Lack of integrations: Users have been known to say that they wished Similarweb had more options for integrating with other types of marketing tools.
Learn more about digital marketing tools on SEO.com
Using the info in this blog post, you can now make an informed decision regarding which SEO tool you use. But there’s still a lot more to learn about SEO, which can help you get the best results from your chosen tool.
If you’re looking to learn more about SEO and digital marketing as a whole, be sure to check out some other helpful content right here on SEO.com!
Ahrefs and Moz Pro are renowned SEO tools, with Ahrefs excelling in keyword research and backlink analysis, and Moz Pro offering robust website analytics, though both have been criticized for their complexity and pricing.
Explore our comprehensive comparison of SEO tools Semrush and Ahrefs, with Semrush emerging as a top choice due to its expansive database, diverse features, and cost-effective pricing model.
With shared capabilities for keyword research, competitor analysis, and backlink analysis, whether you choose Ubersuggest vs. Semrush will depend on your SEO experience and business size.
Top SEO rank tracking tools like SEMrush, Ahrefs, Mangools, SE Ranking, and SEO Powersuite are crucial for monitoring your pages’ position in SERPs, analyzing keyword performance, and more! Learn more about these tools below!