Best Rank Tracking Tools for 2024 [Shortlist]
Are your SEO strategies driving traffic from search engine results pages (SERPs) to your website and content? You need SEO rank tracking tools to effectively measure if your pages are advancing to the top of the search results.
Think of these tools as a scoreboard that informs you of where your pages are at. It tells you if you need to advance your rankings further, maintain your top spot, or explore other keywords to reach your audience.
If you’re looking for the top SEO rank tracking tools you can use, keep reading to learn more!
What is an SEO rank tracking tool?
An SEO rank tracking tool is an application that monitors your pages’ position in SERPs for specific keywords. It pulls SERP data and analyzes keyword performance to provide you with insights. Other SEO rank trackers also feature competitor analysis, SERP monitoring, and reporting to inform your strategies.
5 top SEO rank tracking tools
Now that you know what an SEO rank tracker tool is, let’s go through the list of apps you can use:
1. SEMrush — Best for interactive rank tracking dashboard
Price: Starts at $129.95 per month (7-day free trial available)
SEMrush is a user-friendly rank tracking tool with other handy features for your SEO strategy. It can track the position of your pages and your domain rankings.
Its position-tracking feature monitors relevant keywords, domains, and competitors on Google. Want to know how your pages’ rankings are changing over time? SEMrush’s volatility sensor informs you of changes in search engine algorithms and other factors contributing to changes in your page rankings.
SEMrush has an intuitive dashboard that shows you key SEO metrics like traffic sources and referring domains. SEMrush’s SEO Toolkit also features keyword research tools that find the relevant keywords for your business.
Want to earn more backlinks? Its link-building feature audits your backlink profile and looks for backlinking opportunities for your pages.
2. Ahrefs — Best for comparing rankings against competitors
Price: Starts at $99 per month
Another tool with SEO rank tracker tool features is Ahrefs. It enables you to monitor and compare your pages’ rankings with your competitors.
Want to get regular updates? You can schedule reports delivered to your inbox using this tool’s SEO ranking tracker features.
Why choose Ahrefs
Ahrefs enables you to monitor your SEO efforts’ returns thanks to its interactive graphs that show your share of voice. This tells you the percentage of search traffic clicks that lead to your website.
It also gives you an overview of your page’s average position and traffic over time, enabling you to see trends and patterns.
3. Mangools — Best for daily page ranking updates
Price: Starts at $29 per month
Mangools is another SEO tool that features a rank-tracking tool called SERPWatcher, which analyzes the organic traffic potential of your site.
This SEO ranking tracker tells you your Performance Index, which analyzes your current keyword positions and search volumes. You get rank updates daily with Mangools and see your pages in the SERP previews. You also get notified of important rank changes through email alerts.
Mangools also has location- and device-based results, enabling you to see your site’s rankings in different areas, a handy feature if your business has branches in different locations.
4. SE Ranking — Best for tracking competitor rankings
Price: Starts at $44 per month (14-day free trial available)
SE Ranking is an SEO platform with rank tracker features. It gathers and analyzes data about your pages’ keyword positions in search engines.
Why SE Ranking?
SE Ranking can track your competitors’ keywords, enabling you to spot new opportunities and identify how you stack up against them in SERPs.
You can also use SE Ranking to improve each page’s ranking and ensure they’re not cannibalizing one another. It can identify pages that are competing for the same keywords and suggest fixes.
5. SEO Powersuite — Best for tracking local rankings
Price: Starts at $596 per year (free limited version available)
If you want to monitor and analyze your organic search competition, consider SEO Powersuite as an SEO ranking tracker tool. Its SERP Checker feature measures your pages’ authority and looks out for new competitors that rank in search results related to your business.
Why SEO Powersuite?
With SEO Powersuite, you can track your local rankings, ensuring you’re reaching your target customers.
It can also monitor your pages’ performance on both desktop and mobile and ranking in various search engines, thus painting a comprehensive picture of your pages’ performance.
How to choose the best SERP tracking tools for your business
Like most tools, there’s no one-size-fits-all SEO ranking tracker for everyone. Consider your company’s needs and budget when picking one.
Here are other factors to consider when choosing among the best SERP tracking tools:
- Ease of use: Pick an SEO ranker your team will find easy to use, adapt, and maximize.
- Search engine support: While Google is the most widely used search engine, consider SEO rank tracker tools that have Bing and Yahoo support if you have operations outside the US. Insights from Bing and Yahoo, which may be used in other locations, will be handy to boost your SEO in these regions.
- Data history: Shortlist SEO rank trackers that enable you to look at past data to identify seasonal trends and keywords with increasing volume.
- Competitor monitoring: A handy feature to look for in SEO ranking trackers is competitor monitoring. It enables you to identify keywords driving traffic to your competitors and track their site’s performance.
Conquer the SERPs with the top SEO rank tracking tools today!
An SEO ranking tracker is an essential tool for your SEO efforts. It monitors your pages’ performance, provides insights to improve your SEO strategy, and tracks your competitors’ pages so you can outrank them.
To boost your SEO strategies and pick the best SEO rank tracking tools for your business, contact our team at SEO.com!
- 11 Best Ahrefs Alternatives: What Redditors, Reviews, and Our Team Say
- 11 Semrush Alternatives According to Reddit, Reviews, and Our Team
- 12 Ubersuggest Alternatives to Consider for 2024
- 18 Best SEO Analytics Tools to Use in 2024
- 5 Handy Chrome Extensions for Marketing in 2024
- 7 Best AI SEO Tools (And How to Use AI for SEO in 2024)
- 7 Best Link Building Tools to Use in 2024
- 7 Best Target Audience Tools for Finding Your Market in 2024
- 7 Top Keyword Research Tools for SEO in 2024
- How to Use Google Keyword Planner for SEO in 2024
PPC tools like Google Ads, Semrush, and MarketingCloudFX help businesses create, manage, and optimize campaigns, providing insights about the market and competitors, automating tasks, and managing budgets effectively to drive revenue and growth.
Competitor analysis tools like SEO Checker, SimilarWeb, SEMrush, and MarketingCloudFX are essential for understanding competitors’ strategies, informing business plans, and more. Keep reading to learn more about these tools!
Explore the top keyword research tools for SEO, including Semrush, Ahrefs, Google Trends, and more, complete with costs, pros, cons, FAQs, and expert tips from the SEO.com team.
Google Analytics 4 (GA4) is a powerful upgrade from Universal Analytics, offering event-based tracking, unified web and app data, improved marketing attribution, and compliance with privacy laws.