Search engine optimization (SEO) is a long-term digital marketing strategy that takes dedicated work and commitment. When you’re a business leader with other tasks on your plate, maintaining a successful SEO strategy that helps you outrank competitors and increase your online visibility can be challenging.
The great news is you don’t have to do SEO alone. With an SEO consulting agency at your side, your website can continue to grow and thrive on search engines while you manage your business.
Keep reading to learn more about SEO consulting firms and all they have to offer, including:
- What does an SEO consulting firm do?
- 3 signs you need an SEO consulting agency
- Top 5 SEO consulting agencies
- How to choose an SEO consulting firm
What does an SEO consulting firm do?
SEO consulting firms help businesses improve their website’s performance on search engines through various optimization tactics. SEO consulting firms offer different SEO services, but at their core, SEO consultants serve as strategic advisors who help clients improve their search engine performance.
What do SEO consulting services include?
The services SEO consulting agencies offer can vary from firm to firm.
Below are some common SEO consulting services agencies provide for their clients:
- SEO audit: Through SEO audits, agencies can uncover website issues that may negatively impact your SEO performance and identify areas of opportunity and improvement.
- Technical SEO: SEO consulting agencies can look at the technical aspects of your website’s SEO performance, including page speed, HTTP status, sitemaps, and more.
- On- and off-page optimization: SEO consulting agencies are home to SEO experts who specialize in recommendations for on- and off-page SEO optimizations to help improve search engine performance and visibility.
- Competitor analysis: By looking at competitors’ SEO rankings, strategies, and more, consulting agencies can help clients identify opportunities to optimize their sites.
- SEO strategy: With experts by your side, SEO consulting agencies provide you with ongoing optimization assistance and actionable recommendations based on your unique SEO needs.
3 signs you need an SEO consulting agency
Hiring an SEO consulting firm to help you manage and maintain your SEO strategy is a big step for a business (and an exciting one!). But how do you know when you need to make that decision?
We’re an SEO consulting agency with over 25 years of experience. That means we’ve worked with countless clients who’ve made the same decision you’re making, and each had their reasons for hiring a consulting firm.
Over the 25 years we’ve been helping clients, we’ve come across three common reasons businesses have decided to partner with an SEO consultant:
- Websites fail to appear in search results for important keywords
- Website traffic isn’t converting
- Highly competitive markets and industries
1. Websites fail to appear in search results for important keywords
In our experience, the most common issue facing businesses hiring an SEO consultant is a lack of visibility in search engines for target keywords.
When businesses aren’t appearing on search engine results pages (SERPs) for important keywords related to their business, they’re not going to drive adequate organic traffic to their site or get enough online visibility. After all, what’s the point of a great website if no one sees it?
SEO consulting firms can help businesses reverse that problem and start driving organic traffic to their site through technical, on- and off-page optimizations, and more.
2. Website traffic isn’t converting
Landing a top spot on the SERPs is one thing, but getting site visitors to stay on your site and turn into customers is another challenge. Another common reason for hiring an SEO consultant is that businesses have trouble converting organic traffic into customers.
Low conversion rates can occur for several reasons, such as:
- Poor site design
- Slow page speeds
- Misleading title tags and meta descriptions
- Confusing site navigation
Whatever the case, partnering with an SEO consultant helps businesses identify and fix causes for low conversion rates.
3. Highly competitive markets and industries
Finally, many businesses turn to SEO consulting agencies because they lie within a highly competitive market, giving the need for an SEO strategy that outperforms competitors. SEO consulting agencies like SEO.com offer competitor analyses as a part of their consulting services precisely for this reason.
Even if you aren’t in a competitive industry, understanding how your competitors’ SEO strategies work can help you identify areas of opportunity for your website to surpass theirs in SERPs and attract more business.
Top 5 SEO consulting agencies
If you’re thinking, “I need an SEO consulting firm,” after reading that last section, have no fear — you’re in great hands. There are plenty of SEO consulting agencies out there, and it can be overwhelming to sift through them all.
To make the process easier, we’ve gathered a list of five of the top consulting firms in the world:
- SEO.com by WebFX
- Incrementors Web Solutions
- The SEO Works
Keep reading to learn more about the top SEO consulting agencies in the world.
1. SEO.com by WebFX
Location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Clutch rating: 4.9 with 336 reviews
SEO.com is a full-service SEO consulting agency brought to you by your friends at WebFX.
Our SEO consulting is backed by industry-leading marketing technology that helps clients make data-driven decisions about their SEO strategy. Not to mention, we’re home to over 500 in-house experts with over 25 years of experience.
From local SEO to ecommerce, WebFX helps clients build scalable SEO strategies that drive results that help improve your bottom line.
Location: Düsseldorf, Germany
Clutch rating: 5.0 with 120 reviews
Along with SEO consulting, Delante offers ecommerce, technical, local, and international SEO services. Whether your current SEO strategy needs a complete overhaul or you’re just looking for some guidance, the team behind Delante can help you improve your search engine performance.
3. Incrementors Web Solutions
Location: Delhi, India
Clutch rating: 5.0 with 114 reviews
Incrementors Web Solutions is an SEO consulting agency with services that extend beyond simple consulting. Complete with Amazon SEO, Shopify, voice search optimization, and more, Incrementors helps clients build SEO strategies that aren’t confined to one platform.
4. The SEO Works
Location: Sheffield, U.K.
Clutch rating: 4.8 with 36 reviews
Based in the U.K., The SEO Works is an SEO consulting firm with experience in various industries. From manufacturing to health care, The SEO Works offers turnkey SEO solutions to help businesses reach their organic and technical SEO goals.
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Clutch rating: 4.9 with 51 reviews
A top SEO consulting agency in Canada, seoplus+ specializes in local, business-to-business (B2B), and ecommerce SEO solutions. With the help of technical SEO audits and monthly reporting, the team at seoplus+ can help clients like you build an SEO strategy that drives results that matter.
How to choose an SEO consulting firm
Choosing the right consultant agency for your business can take time and effort when faced with different options. To narrow your search and zero in on the right agency for your business, ask the following questions about each firm you consider:
- What are this SEO agency’s deliverables?
- Does this SEO consulting firm have experience in my industry?
- Does this agency have case studies available? What about reviews and testimonials?
- How does this SEO consulting agency measure success? What key performance indicators (KPIs) do they use?
- How often does this agency report SEO results?
- Where is this agency located? Do I want to work with a consultant in person or remotely?
Asking these questions about each SEO consulting agency can help you dig deeper into what each organization offers and how they align with what you want to accomplish with your SEO. As you research more agencies, you’ll develop additional questions to help guide your decision-making process.
Meet SEO.com, the ultimate SEO consulting agency
It’s all in the name — SEO.com is a full-service consulting firm home to 500+ specialists who live and breathe SEO. With over 25 years of experience under our belts, we help our partners build custom SEO strategies tailored to their business and everything that makes it unique.
Through our industry-leading marketing technology and the expertise of our in-house team, we offer data-driven SEO recommendations meant to improve your bottom line and drive the results that matter most to your business.
See more of what SEO.com is all about by contacting us online today!